Urgent Action Fund’s partners at FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund recently launched their 2nd annual call for proposals to support up to 16 young feminist groups led by young women and transgender youth under 30 years of age. FRIDA is a new initiative that strengthens the participation and leadership of young feminist activists globally through general support grants up to $5,000 USD to be used over a period of 12 months.
The proposal seeks to provide core support for new groups founded or led by young women or transgender youth (under 30 years) that are committed to:
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective;
- Improving the lives of young women/transgender youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Inclusive organizing, collective action and feminist movement building;
- Groups, networks, or collectives based in the Global South (Africa, Asia and the Pacific, The Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean and Central, Southern, Eastern Europe and Caucuses and Central Asia); and,
- Groups founded in the past 5 years (i.e. your group was formed between 2009 – 2013).
Priority will be given to:
- Small, emerging grassroots groups, networks, or collectives with little or no access to funding from larger donors;
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are working on emerging or issues that have not received prior funding;
- Groups, networks, or collectives located in remote underserved areas;
- Groups, networks, or collectives that are diverse in their membership and made up of and/or working with socially marginalized young women especially: refugees, ethnic, national and caste minorities, rural women, urban poor, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, women living with HIV/AIDS, sex workers, women with disabilities, women living in armed conflicts and post conflict zones; and,
- Groups using creative and innovative strategies to further their activism (including art, music, culture, poetry, social media etc).
To learn more about this exciting opportunity and instructions on how to apply, click here.