LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
JOB POSTING DATE: 22 JULY 2013
DATE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights (UAF) is an international human rights organization dedicated to the support of women activists working in conflict or crisis situations. Through our programs of Rapid Response Grantmaking (RRG), Research & Publications and Advocacy & Alliance Building, we support women who are striving to promote and protect the rights and interests of women and girls by ensuring women’s security and participation in conflict prevention and resolution, peace building, and post-conflict reconstruction. Based in San Francisco, we work in partnership with independent Sister Funds, Urgent Action Fund – Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya and Fondo Acción Urgente – América Latina, located in Bogotá, Colombia.
Urgent Action Fund offers a dynamic and fast-paced environment that encourages professional growth and leadership. We are an activist fund, governed by an international Board of Directors that provides unique insight to the women’s human rights movements worldwide.
The Operations Coordinator works closely with the staff and consultants (financial management consultant, bookkeeper, IT specialist) to provide administrative services and ensure seamless UAF daily operations. The Operations Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage vendor accounts including insurance brokers and providers, credit card companies, and state government departments for necessary paperwork
- Manage all agency files and archives
- Procure office supplies, equipment, software, hardware
- Maintain office equipment, working with technical support to update hardware/software and resolve IT issues
- Interface with bookkeeper and finance consultant to ensure accurate documentation and all financial controls are followed
- Assist in the coordination of travel for staff and board members
- Manage cash receipts log and all internal controls
- Manage human resource functions, including employee orientation, health benefits administration, and payroll processing
- Provide administrative support to fundraising efforts
- Provide administrative support for organizational mailings, including securing postage, materials, and managing logistics
- Assist with logistics and staffing of fundraising events
- A minimum of three years of professional administrative and/or office management experience
- Excellent and proven organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality on matters related to human resources, fundraising and finance
- Flexibility and ability to work within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Candidates must possess excellent computer skills, including comfort and proficiency in working with databases, Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail applications
- Demonstrated respect and appreciation for diverse communities
- Commitment to the mission of Urgent Action Fund
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
The position is open until filled.
Urgent Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. No relocation costs will be covered for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is non-exempt. Urgent Action Fund compensates competitively, depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package, including: 100% health insurance, acupuncture and chiropractor, generous vacation, sabbatical, and retirement contribution. UAF offers a positive working environment, and is conveniently located in the Mission District of San Francisco, close to public transit.