Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights is proud to be working withThe Strategy for Swedish Development Cooperation for Gender Equality for women and girls. The Strategy for Swedish Development Cooperation for Gender Equality and Women’s and Girls’ rights 2018-2022 reflects the fact that we see a backlash against Gender Equality globally that progress made is being challenged. This strategy provides an opportunity to cooperate with strategic partners that are at the forefront globally and that are key change agents for Gender Equality and Women’s and Girls’ rights.
Activities within this strategy shall contribute to;
- Implementation and strengthening of the global normative framework for gender equality and women and girls’ human rights.
- Action against discrimination and gender-stereotypical norms and attitudes.
- Capacity to combat all forms of gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- Enhanced conditions for women’s rights organizations, feminist movements, and women human rights defenders to act independently.
- Increased safety and security for actors and organizations that promote gender equality and Women’s and Girls’ Human Rights.
- Increased access to and use of sex-disaggregated data and gender equality research.
- Enhanced methods and capacity development for gender equality.
The strategy is intended to complement the comprehensive ongoing work for gender equality that Sida is supporting through bilateral, regional and other global strategies by filling gaps and supporting catalytical and innovative efforts.