Types of Rapid Response Grants
UAF makes two types of grants (or a combination of these two requests).
- Security Grants - Protection and security of women and trans* human rights defenders/activists (who are affiliated with an organization, network or coalition), or women- or trans*-led organizations whose primary focus is to defend and advance women’s and LBTQI’s human rights. The person or organization is experiencing a threat in defending or advancing human rights, and the situation has an element of an emergency and urgency.
- Opportunity Grants – Advocacy and mobilization activities in response to an unexpected situation/event that has the potential to advance and protect women’s and LBTQI’s human rights.
There are two sections below for security and opportunity requests. Please review the guiding questions in each section first. The guiding questions will help you determine if you should apply for a Security or Opportunity Grant.
- PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT BOTH SECTIONS.
- Based on your responses to the guiding questions in each section, please fill in only ONE of the sections below - EITHER Security OR Opportunity - that is the most appropriate for your request.
- NOTE: If your request has both Security and Opportunity components, please fill in only one section. Select the section that best reflects your current situation.