apply for a security grant
Please read the eligibility requirements below.
- Security grants can be used to support the safety and security of activists.
- The time frame between receiving the grant and reporting back is 3 months.
- We accept applications in all languages.
- Translation needs may increase the time needed for a decision to be made.
- Grant amounts are up to $8,000 USD.
- We confirm receipt of applications within 24 hours.
- Decisions are made between 1 and 10 business days.
- Once a grant is approved, funds can be wired within 24 hours to 10 business days.
Women, trans, or non-binary people must be the primary decision makers
Focus on women, trans, and non-binary rights:
Actions proposed must benefit women, trans, and non-binary people
Urgent and Unanticipated:
The specific situation must be unanticipated and time urgent. Actions must be implemented within 3 months of approval of the grant
The group must have support from local or international feminist activists or networks
Individuals who are not activists
Cisgender men or male-led organizations or networks
Planned projects/activities/service delivery programs
Charity/humanitarian assistance/social services
Annual operating costs (rent, salary, overhead costs)
Organizations with a budget of over $1 million USD
Capital projects, for example, building construction or making building improvements
ready to apply?
Use our grants portal to create a profile and easily check your application status (our preferred method for receiving applications).